Windows Automation Engineer
Requirements: Active Directory, Azure, Chef, dfs, GPO, pki, powershell, Windows Server
Location:New York, NY
Job Type:Full Time
Salary: $150k - $200k
Description of Responsibilities
The role requires deep subject matter expertise with Microsoft's Windows Server platforms (Azure, 2016, 2012R2, 2008) and related technology including extensive experience deploying and supporting Active Directory, DFS, PKI, and the core operating system. In this position, you will provide technical guidance to other Windows Engineers and drive strategic projects and initiatives. The role requires you to be highly proficient in PowerShell with hands-on automation experience.
Local NYC Candidates only at this time. Salary range $150k -250k
Key Responsibilities include..
- The primary responsibility is Active Directory and MS Windows Server Systems Administration, including L2 and L3 server support plus engineering and automation.
- Automation: Develop new, and enhance existing Powershell code and Chef roles/recipes.
- Day-to-day, run-the-firm maintenance of the Firm’s entire server estate, (approximately 1,500 servers)
- Install and configure MS Windows Server 2012R2 and 2016 onto physical and virtual systems using the Firm’s automated build procedure (Symantec Altiris & MDT)
- Improve the Firm’s automated build procedure
- Provide direction, guidance to datacenter teams performing installs and repairs
- 8+ years’ experience in information technology as a Systems Administrator/Engineer
- 4+ years’ experience managing a large Active Directory environment of 1,000+ users. Experience should include deploying and upgrading Active Directory environments.
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Mathematics
- Experience designing and supporting Azure environments, including IaaS and PaaS
- Microsoft Azure Certification (MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure or equivalent)
- Hands on experience using the Azure administration portal
- Strong PowerShell scripting experience.
- Experience with Microsoft DSC or other configuration management technologies (e.g. Chef, Puppet, etc)
- Experience implementing GPOs (Group Policy in Active Directory Services)
If interested, please apply directly or send resume to email@example.com
**Unfortunately our client cannot sponsor H1-B visas at this time**