Cyber Security Engineering Manager
Requirements: AWS, cyber security, SIEM, splunk, vulnerability management
Location:New York, NY
Job Type:Full Time
Salary: $170k - $220k
Description of Responsibilities
Role: Cyber Security Engineering Manager
Salary: Full time role with salary commensurate with experience
The Cyber Security Manager will play a critical role in the firm's global Information Security/Cyber Security Program. This person will have an active participation in the design, maintenance, and maturation of both the security tech stack and the operations technologies that facilitate their management.
The role will be a combination of technology administration and process management in the cyber security space.
- Administering and improving methods to capture and analyze data from various sensor and infrastructure feeds to provide a complete view of current and future state risk
- Work with Threat and Vulnerability Manger to continue to fine tune current security processes and drive down false positive security events.
- Administration of information security operations, with the support of an outsourced 24x7 NOC / SOC function providing around-the-clock eyes on glass
- Take immediate mitigation action when alerts identified through the CSIR process, whether at the workstation, server, appliance, or network level
- Day-to-day administration of end-point protection / HIDS systems
- Security Analytics / event correlation systems administration, rules development, etc.
- Participate in the design and day to day administration of security systems that reflect state-of-the-art security best practices and compliance, ensuring a focus on balancing security effectiveness without introducing material operational friction – strong focus on DevOps and team enablement
- Administration of threat and vulnerability /patch management & baseline security standards, along with continued oversight
- Conversant with security practices in cloud based infrastructures (public AWS/GCE) and private (OpenStack and VMware) preferred
Four year Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or related
For more information, please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org