Hedge Fund Data Engineer
Requirements: AWS, big data, elasticsearch, hadoop, Java, Python, RedShift, spark
Location:New York, NY
Job Type:Full Time
Salary: $180k - $200k
Description of Responsibilities
Well respected and distinguished hedge fund in NYC is building a brand new Data Science platform! The team is looking for a talented data engineer that will build a system that could process and facilitate the analysis of both structured and unstructured data. The fund has taken new initiatives in the big data world, including forming a Data Science team. The data engineer will be working closely with the newly formed Data Science team, architecting custom data solutions and incorporating various scripts and algorithms to their data platform.
The data engineer should have experience gathering and processing raw data that is suitable for ingestion. The team is constantly finding new ways to improve the ingestion process and expects the engineer to implement new and promising methods!
- 5+ years experience building large, scalable data systems and pipelines
- 5+ years experience with Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark, etc.
- 4+ years of hands on experience using Java, Python, Scala, or F#, with the ability to write efficient applications
- Experience handling large and raw sets of data- structured and unstructured
- Experience with cloud computing platforms like AWS a plus!
- Any experience with ElasticSearch a big plus
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
To apply, please send your resume to: email@example.com