Senior Data Engineer
Requirements: Automation, data engineering, data ingestion, data visualization, etl, Python, scala, SQL server
Location:New York, NY
Job Type:Full Time
Salary: $250k - $300k
Description of Responsibilities
Premier long/short equity hedge fund is looking to bring on their FIRST data engineer hire to join a boutique team directly supporting their top performing portfolio manager. This is a highly visible role that will have direct impact on identifying optimization tools for portfolio construction and alpha generating strategies.
The data engineer will be responsible for automating the entire data ingestion process, taking ownership of the data infrastructure, data collection, cleansing, normalization efforts, and presenting findings through various visualization techniques. Ideal candidates should be innovative and independent thinkers, as the role will directly report to the portfolio manager and will not be led by an engineering manager. Prior financial experience is not necessary although candidates should have a strong background in Python development and automation.
**This role can be based out of Midtown, NYC OR Greenwich, CT**
- 8+ years’ experience as an engineer in a formal development environment
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related engineering field
- Exceptional programming skills in Python or Scala
- Strong understanding of ETL, data storage, consumption, and visualization techniques
- Strong background working with SQL server
- Experience working with UI technologies and design highly preferred