Messaging and Collaboration Engineer
Requirements: Active Directory, BT Turret, Exchange, Lync, Messaging, skype for business, voice engineer, Windows Server
Location:New York, NY
Job Type:Full Time
Salary: $130k - $150k
Description of Responsibilities
We are looking for a senior Messaging and Collaboration engineer to be responsible for providing unified communications engineering, implementation and support for 350+ staff across multiple locations in the Americas region, including seven offices in six countries. This is a highly visible and global role to take ownership of Americas voice and UC initiatives including working on the Microsoft Lync/Skype for Business platform as well as with BT Turret dealer-board systems.
- Operate in a global team to support and maintain the global UC estate and Americas BT turret environment
- Lead the voice and messaging elements of projects for the Americas region; provide subject matter expertise
- Troubleshoot voice issues with Skype 2013 global estate and liaise with vendors regarding the BT dealer board environment
- Support and maintain the BT and Verba voice recording environment inline with regional regulatory requirements
- Manage Unified Communications platform MS Skype for Business, Sonus gateways, Verba recording estate, Actiance Vantage
- Responsible for managing the BT turrets platform, voice-mail and voice recording
- Understand the global infrastructure and maintain the global infrastructure as part of the global UC team
- Provide troubleshooting, expert advice and guidance within the IT voice and messaging fields of expertise
- Monitor availability and performance of voice and messaging systems and rectify issues
- Implement and support of turret direct-dial leased line services for trading as provided by extranet services including IPC, BT Radianz and TNS
- Maintain, upgrade, recover, troubleshoot and provide general support of voice and messaging platforms
- Plan and implement patches, hotfixes and upgrades to and Microsoft Skype environment at server and client application levels
- Monitor availability and performance of voice and messaging systems
- Maintain and periodically test Disaster Recovery Voice Infrastructure for US and Americas offices.
- Collaborate closely with Wintel/Exchange/AD engineers to maintain and support mobile telephony/MDM infrastructure
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science or other relevant field (or relevant combination of education and work experience).
- 5+ years of relevant work experience, preferably in financial services with Lync/Skype for Business/Turret and Exchange (2010/2016/online).
- Desired Certifications: Core Solutions of Microsoft Lync 2013;Deploying Enterprise Voice with Lync 2013; Sonus Accredited Technical Professional (SATP) SBC 1k/2k
- Experience in implementation, migration and support / Hybrid for Office 365
- Strong experience in SIP, SIP trunk integration and gateways
- Strong experience with voice MPLS networks
- Experience in supporting Global Messaging and Lync environment
- Experience in troubleshooting voice quality issues with Lync/Skype for Business / session boarder controller (Sonus Voice gateways preferable)
If you are interested in the opportunity above, please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org