Application Support Engineer
Requirements: application support , Python, SQL
Location:New York, NY
Job Type:Full Time
Salary: $90k - $110k
Description of Responsibilities
We are a globally based private equity firm with a growing presence in our NYC offices. As we invest and expand our technology stack - we are looking to hire an experience production support engineer to support our front, middle and back office applications.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS AND ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
• Acts as a liaison between the business users and IT
• Provides L1, L2 functional and technical support to Investment and Shared Services applications and platforms
• Strong sense of ownership, and urgencies in handling support incidents, requests, follow-ups with clients until resolution.
• Works with the development teams to design solutions and manage adoption and support
• Responsible for data analysis, detailed understanding of business workflows, ability to document support workflows
• Responsible for effective communication and interaction with the trading desk, portfolio managers, and project teams
• Engages Critical Incident and Problem management as necessary to assist in removing repeated issues, and provide permanent solutions
• Handles and deliver assigned projects related to production stability, hardware and software EOL, and maintenance
• Utilizes ITSM tool to provide quality incident, request tickets, and use JIRA for assigned APS project management
• Responsible for Change Management control within application development, and production releases
• Send user communication related to incidents or IT and application maintenance
• Handles the team’s Continuous Improvement projects including automation to remove manual tasks
• Be able to lead a meeting, know all parts of a meeting including the importance of meeting minutes details and its takeaways
• Participate in after-hours rotational on-call support including weekends and US Holidays
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent technical training and professional work experience.
• 5 - 10 years of progressive experience in Finance industry or Asset Management as Application Production Support Analyst
• Prefer exposure to one or more of the following business platforms related to investment management - Trading and Settlements Platforms (example - Black Mountain Systems – Everest), Portfolio Accounting (examples - Advent – Geneva, Markit - Wall Street Office), Risk Management systems or performance reporting systems (Eagle – PACE, data warehouse)
• Strong background with SQL, particularly T-SQL, SSRS/SSIS, and/or Power BI for data-mining and reporting
• Light development experience utilizing Python programming
• Strong familiarity with productivity tools like Jira, Confluence, MS Office tools specifically Excel utilizing Pivot table, VB scripting.
• Prior exposure to supporting ServiceNow, Oracle Fusion support, Sharepoint or other Corporate Systems platform is a plus.
For more information, feel free to share resumes at email@example.com