Application Production Support
Requirements: Equities, FIX, Linux, Scripting, SQL, Unix
Location:New York City, NY
Job Type:Full Time
Salary: $110k - $180k
Description of Responsibilities
This is a highly visible front office production support role. Interface with traders and portfolio managers at a high level. A well rounded candidate with strong technical and business experience will be most succesful. Unix and Sql support with deep product knowledge in Equites, Futures, FX and Bonds is a big plus.
- Providing Level 2 and Level 3 production support engineering team for all Global based trading groups. Attempt to solve as many issues as possible, escalate issues in a timely manner to application and / or infrastructure subject matter experts (internally or at vendors) when appropriate. Manage communications to the trading staff and internal stakeholders regarding issue/resolution.
- Trading Status Communications – responsible for disseminating messages to the appropriate trading staff regarding trading issues, exchange updates, etc.
- Supporting and monitoring of the firm’s internal systems
- Incident & Change management
- Collaborate with other technical support engineers who may need assistance working on an issue; utilize his/her area of expertise to help others in order to most quickly facilitate solutions for the customer.
- Implement documentation and create new knowledge base to provide the most effective solutions to trading issues.
- Assist with automating processes to achieve efficiency and streamlined trade support
- Partner with development managers, business analysts and infrastructure teams to prioritize product enhancements and coordinate and in implementing release management process, including release planning.