Big Data Engineer
Requirements: big data, data engineer, etl, pandas, Python, spark
Job Type:Full Time
Salary: $180k - $220k
Description of Responsibilities
Lead global asset management firm with over $20 billion in AUM is looking for their first Big Data Engineer hire! The first big data engineer will have a huge impact on how data will be leveraged and utilized throughout the entire firm moving forward!
The Big Data Engineer will take ownership of all of the fund's data, from collection to structuring and then providing analytics for the business. Candidates will look at areas where big data can best be leveraged and integrate these solutions with the fund's technology architecture.
Candidates should be familiar with working with data processing pipelines and should be able to appropriately choose Big Data tools that are best fit for the technology environment.
- Experience working with Python and Spark
- Understanding of ETL tools and the different frameworks
- Experience working with large data sets (both structured and unstructured)
- Any experience working with cloud technologies a plus
- Any experience working with Kafka, MapReduce, Scala a plus
- Minimum of a BS/MS in Computer Science or related Engineering field
To apply, please send resumes to: email@example.com