Requirements: Automation, AWS, cloud, Devops, Linux, Python, security
Job Type:Full Time
Salary: $170k - $250k
Description of Responsibilities
We are a growing hedge fund based in CT and looking to modernize and revamp our infrastructure platform. In doing so, we are looking to hire a Senior Cloud Engineer. The Cloud Engineer will be responsible for deploying and overseeing cloud computing and full management of on- and off-premise Linux server environments. The ideal candidate will be required to work independently and take responsibility in the planning and coordinating of efforts with the firm’s Technology Infrastructure and Development teams.
Additional responsibilities include:
· Establish governance that will allow cloud services to be consumed in agile fashion to meet immediate business needs yet balance against reckless or unconstrained adoption.
· Driving cloud-native architecture principles.
· Develop a methodology for ordering and provisioning repetitive cloud services either through internal tools/processes or by leveraging external provider's tools/processes.
· Creating and maintaining accurate and detailed documentation.
· Hands on experience using monitoring tools.
· Act as the point person for cloud and Linux support.
The ideal candidate must have:
· Experience working with AWS and Azure cloud technologies.
· Prior experience as a Linux administrator with expertise of multiple well known Unix-based operating systems (Redhat, Ubuntu, CentOS).
· Strong background in scripting using Python and Linux shell.
· Previous DevOps experience preferred.
· Hands on experience using infrastructure-as-code automation tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Cloud Formation, etc.
· Must be strong communicator and collaborator.
· Solid understanding of TCP/IP networks.
· Excellent problem solving skills.
· Must demonstrate ability to multi-task and to work with minimal supervision and interact with technical and business experts in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
· Availability to provide 24/7 support as needed.
· AWS Certified Solutions Architect, preferred.
· Other cloud experience, preferred.
· Knowledge of cloud security best practices, preferred.
For more information about this opportunity, please send resumes to email@example.com