Requirements: BI, data engineering, data warehouse, SQL
Location:New York, NY
Job Type:Full Time
Salary: $120k - $150k
Description of Responsibilities
We are a NYC-based financial services firm that's dedicated to helping millions of people find financial freedom, and this passion has driven our approach to developing meaningful experience for our customers. The Data Science & Engineering team seeks a highly skilled, collaborative, progressive-thinking Data Architect to spearhead innovative solutions that will exceed the changing needs of our customers and move our firm forward.
The Impact: You have the possibility to shape one of the oldest existing industries in one of the largest enterprises in the market. Through active participation in shaping and improving our ways to achieve technical excellence you will drive and improve our business.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Scale various BI, BigData and Analytics initiatives from a technology standpoint. Set development direction in collaboration with key stakeholders. Manage the development backlog.
• Collaborate closely with the CTO, Innovation Leads, Product Management and Technology Leadership to drive initiatives efficiently forward focusing on client & market needs.
• Ensure alignment of objectives and resourcing with stakeholders in Business Development, Sales, Product Management, Engineering & Innovation
• Drive development direction with focus on customer needs/satisfaction and achieving topline growth
• Address bottlenecks, provide escalation to management, anticipate and make tradeoffs in addition to balancing the business needs versus technical constraints
• Proven technical leadership experience in development, testing and implementation of large scale, complex technology projects.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
• 6+ years of software/technology client-facing experience
• Experience with data modeling, design patterns, building highly scalable and secured solutions
• Experience with Big Data migrations or IT transformations, with architecting or operating solutions build on AWS, IBM Cloud, Salesforce, etc.
• Experience in design and implementation with Big Data Solutions and distributed applications
• Experience in data warehouse or database architecture and ideally within a startup or startup like working environment
• Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
• Excellent communication and presentation skills with a high degree of comfort in speaking with senior executives at large companies
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills paired with the ability to develop creative and efficient solutions
• Tolerance in dealing with bad quality data
• Distinct customer focus and quality mindset; able to see from and sell to multiple viewpoints
• Ability to work at an abstract level and gain consensus; excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skills
• Able to work both independently and in various team settings
• Able to work under pressure with a solid sense for setting priorities
• Ability to manage own learning and contribute to domain knowledge building