Requirements: acronis, desktop engineer, p2v, VDI, veeam
Location:New York, NY
Description of Responsibilities
Global financial services firm is building next generation enterprise computing workspace. The team is responsible for the engineering and supporting the firm’s Desktop Workspace across physical, virtual and cloud platforms, including Windows OS, hardware integration, configuration management, application delivery, Citrix XenDesktop / XenApp, Netscaler Remote Access, RSA MFA and Windows 10 IoT Dell WMS Thin client technologies.
- Engineered a standard desktop build and have deep technical understanding of Windows Desktop operating systems builds up to and including Windows 10.
- Experience in engineering Large Scale Deployment/Migrations of Windows 10 including platform upgrades of Office 2010/2016/2019/365.
- Strong troubleshooting mind-set (e.g. parsing event log, Sysinternals tools, analyzing memory dumps)
- Recent engineering of common Windows Infrastructure components for deploying and managing Windows 10 and Office I.e. Active Directory/GPO, DSC.
- Expert scripting ability with PowerShell.
- Extensive experience with third party tools used to manage and support large-scale desktop environments, including LiquidWare Profile Unity, Citrix UPM, Altiris, Appsense, SCCM or similar technologies.
- Ability to write technical and operational management documentation (system design and engineering documents, operational runbooks).
- Experience with workstation P2V solutions is highly desired.
- Experience with either VEEAM or Acronis desktop backup solutions is a plus.
- Experience with automated deployment and orchestration of VDI workloads on VMWare ESX or Microsoft HyperV desired.
- Engineering experience of SCCM, MDM/MAM (InTune, MobileIron, Airwatch, etc) Design and Implementation.
- Recent Altiris ITMS engineering and operations experience. Use of Altiris SDK preferred.
- Engineering experience of Dell / Wyse Thin Client management.
- Ability to program with C#, C++ and / or others high-level languages.
- In depth knowledge of software packaging tools, (e.g. InstallShield, App-V sequencer, Wise).
For more information about this opportunity, please send resume to email@example.com