Requirements: ci/cd, Devops, elk stack, git, Linux, Python
Location:New York, NY
Job Type:Full Time
Salary: $160k - $170k
Description of Responsibilities
We are a growing cloud-based Financial PaaS firm based in NYC borne out of strong engineering minds from the top banks in the area. As we grow our product, we are looking to expand our Infrastructure Engineering team. This team is responsible for supporting, maintaining and developing the infrastructure used by our main platform. This engineer will bridge the gap between development and infrastructure and be a role model on which we will build our future Platform Engineering & DevOps teams.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
This position will involve the following areas of responsibility:
- Research new technologies to implement within the DevOps environment to improve the process of code deployment to our environments, seek out in-efficiencies and match relevant technology solutions to resolve them.
- Follow a source control culture within the configuration of Servers and Applications whereby environments are configured via code for a fully automated process.
- Sit in Dev meetings at project inception to ensure the standards set by DevOps are being applied especially with respect to logging and monitoring of application health, compatibility with infrastructure design, security requirements and compliance.
- Receive Deployment Plans, validate them and carry them out in an efficient manner via deployment tools available.
- Monitor server resources within your portfolio to proactively identify bottlenecks, and advise or implement remediation steps to improve software design.
- Maintain knowledge of the inner workings of all applications within your relative portfolio, ensuring that all system dependencies are documented.
- Research new technologies to be implemented within the DevOps environment to improve the processes of code deployment, seek out inefficiencies and match relevant technology solutions to resolve them.
- A relevant Information Technology qualification and Microsoft Certifications beneficial.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the Information Technology industry using Linux.
- Previous experience in a live production environment.
- Proven hands-on experience with Linux Servers (RedHat Enterprise Linux or Ubuntu Linux)
- Keen eye for automation and improving efficiency.
- Experience in using coding/scripting to automate/reduce time taken to complete manual tasks.
- Knowledge of Network Security and Networking Protocols.
- Knowledge of Web and Application hosting environments (Apache/NginX)
- Knowledge of Version Control Systems (preferably Git)
- Knowledge of automation tools such as Puppet
- Knowledge of logging technologies such as LogStash, Kibana, ElasticSearch, Splunk
- Knowledge of monitoring tools such as Prometheus, Geneos, Nagios Grafana or Sensu
For more information, please forward resume to email@example.com