Information Security Architect
Requirements: cloud security, cloud security management, cyber security, financial services, information security, security architect
Location:Jersey City, NJ
Job Type:Full Time
Salary: $250k - $300k
Description of Responsibilities
A large financial services company in Jersey City is looking to bring on a senior security architect.
This person will be purely involved in security strategy for the firm. Have to have strong financial business background to understand and be able to overview the financial processes and give recommendations, suggestions or guidance on the security path the firm should be taking.
Strong security vendor product knowledge or well versed or well read on what is new products on market.
This role will be taking a lead in defining strategy, engineering solutions and managing roadmaps for securing enterprise technology. The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable in many domains of security and should be able to design and implement high impacting solutions across the organization.
- Take a leadership role in defining tools, techniques and technologies used to secure and monitor internal cloud infrastructure
- Serve as an internal information security advisor and subject matter expert to the organization’s cloud journey.
- Propose, design, plan and execute strategic and tactical operational security objectives for public cloud usage.
- Develop cloud security architecture strategies, frameworks and reference models.
- Lead product selection efforts, including defining evaluation criteria and test plans.
- Introduce best practices and principles to enable consistent delivery and enable alignment with long-term direction.
- Conduct threat modeling and architecture risk analysis for Cloud deployment projects.
- Identify security design gaps in existing and proposed architectures and recommend changes or enhancements.
- Collaborate with business units and corporate partners to ensure solutions are built in consistent with the organization's policies, programs, architectural recommendations, and information security standards
- Develops tactical response procedures for security incidents
- 10+ years of demonstrated information security, risk management & compliance experience
- 4+ years Cloud Security Architect experience with AWS, GCP, or other public cloud
- Must have SME level knowledge of designing and implementing security guardrails for deploying applications in public Cloud environment.
- Experience with cloud security management tools, such as Prisma Cloud, Dome9.
- Experience with Terraform, CloudFormation, or GCP Cloud Deployment Manager Templates
- Hands-on experience with secrets management systems, including AWS,KMS, Vault, SSH Keys, etc
- Experience in using SIEM, such as SplunkES.
- Strong exposure to IAM technologies
- Experience with administration of virtual environments
- Expert knowledge of security industry standards and best practices – NIST, CSA, CIS etc
- Must be able to communicate across all levels of the organization, from non-tech end user community to c-suite audiences.
- CISSP, CISM or equivalent qualifications preferred