Cyber Security Engineer - NJ
Requirements: beyondtrust, gigamon, powershell, Python, SIEM, varonis, vulnerability management
Job Type:Full Time
Salary: $120k - $140k
Description of Responsibilities
The Senior Security Engineer is primarily responsible for ensuring critical technology systems and networks are sufficiently monitored for compliance to existing information security safeguards. This position provides proactive operational oversight for information Security incident prevention, detection and remediation by identifying and implementing automated technical monitoring solutions.
The Senior Security Engineer is a hands-on position responsible for ensuring a stable and secure computing environment by developing tools, strategies and roadmaps to ensure information assets are adequately monitored. The role focuses heavily on operational and strategic level tasks and provides on the ground advice to engineers, systems/network administrators and application developers.
· Collaborate across teams to define, track and report on activities relating to data usage, system access, configuration changes, services, issues, incidents, threats, etc.
· Define and maintain portfolio of vulnerability management, SIEM, automation and authentication tools. Conduct or assist in forensic investigations, event management, spam investigation, threat management, penetration testing, proactive defense, network sensor auditing, etc.
· Spearhead a culture of security awareness among technologists at all levels, coach and mentor technical personnel in the use of automation.
· Build automation tooling and scripts to increase efficiency around monitoring tasks using either Powershell, Python, etc
· Respond to high-priority requests for information and assurance from stakeholders including ascertaining relevant technical facts from distributed systems and network components.
· Responsible for ensuring all systems and devices on network are adequately patched and protected from malicious software and other intrusion attempts.
· Assist in the selection of technology systems, software and components enterprise wide.
· Effectively track and close all information security open items and maintain control of technology control’s environment.
· Perform vulnerability assessments to evaluate effectiveness of existing controls.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline.
· Thorough hands-on experience in security engineering domain, IT operations and deep technical knowledge.
· Knowledge of cryptography and encryption products, data loss prevention, mobile device management.
· Deep functional and practical experience with scripting and automation techniques with advanced knowledge of PowerShell, VBScript, PERL, Python, or similar.
· Information security experience from financial service firm is preferred.
· Knowledge and experience of SIEM tools, vulnerability management platforms, network security platforms, firewalls, IDS/IPS, web proxies and internet content filtering.
· Thorough knowledge of operating systems (Microsoft, Linux, Unix), email, SFTP, SSL, Identity and Access Management, Oracle OAM.
· Full-stack knowledge of IT infrastructure, including but not limited to cloud services (AWS/Azure), IP networks, applications, databases, operating systems.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE SEND RESUMES TO PKURRA@THEPRINCETONGROUP.COM