Web Application Security Engineer
Requirements: Agile, api, AWS, Azure, ci/cd, Firewalls, powershell, Python, security
Location:New York , NY
Job Type:Full Time
Salary: $120k - $170k
Description of Responsibilities
A leading independent investment management firm in NYC is seeking a Application security engineer.
The Application Security team partners closely with the stakeholders through the design, development and implementation of initiatives that span various public cloud provider platforms, in order to incorporate a robust security posture from the outset to accelerate innovation across the firm. This is a highly visible role with impact across many lines of business, each with distinct threat models, risks and technologies. This presents opportunities to own relationships with engineering, modeling, and business partners, become the lead for core aspects of our own products, and build trust and credibility to help define and guide the technological road-map for key business initiatives.
· Design and implement security controls across infrastructure and cloud hosted applications
· Develop tools and processes to automate and integrate backend components, such as firewalls, SIEM, identity platforms, etc.
· Perform security assessments and design reviews of web applications and API’s to find vulnerabilities and identify risks in infrastructure and code
Perform security evaluations on new
platforms and products
· Bachelor’s Degree
· 3-year Application Security experience
· Prior experience with cloud service providers (AWS and/or Azure) highly desirable
· Experience with building secure applications within Agile and CI/CD frameworks
· Experience with Python, PowerShell and C# preferred
· Strong project management and communications
API experience is a must!