Information Security Engineer
Requirements: CISSP, DLP, Firewalls, information security, nac, SIEM, soc, threat management, vulnerability management
Location:New York, NY
Job Type:Full Time
Salary: $130k - $150k
Description of Responsibilities
We are a global financial services firm based in NYC looking to expand our growing information security team. The information security team is responsible for defining and implementing security policy and standards and continuously monitoring for new threats. In this role, you will wear many hats in maintaining and optimizing the info sec road map for the firm!
• Defining and maintaining security policy and standards
• Performing risk assessments
• Performing security testing on applications and systems
• Evaluating security products and vendors
• Implementing and configuring security tools
•Monitoring for and responding to security incidents
• Managing vulnerabilities by researching new threats, performing scans and tracking remediation
• Providing user security training
• Work with project managers to achieve milestones and delivery
• Strong technical knowledge and hands-on working experience with enterprise technologies and security products. Including, firewalls, security information and event management (SIEM), network access control (NAC), endpoint protection, multi-factor authentication, mobile device management (MDM), vulnerability scanners and email security.
• Solid understanding of information security standards and regulations applicable to insurance and financial service sectors.
• Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both verbally and in writing.
• Degree in Cyber Security or other IT discipline.
• 5-6 years’ information security experience in insurance or financial services industry.
• Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or equivalent certification.