IT Operations Manager
Requirements: IT Operations, Linux, middleware, sonicMQ, vmware, Windows
Location:New York, NY
Job Type:Full Time
Salary: $150k - $200k
Description of Responsibilities
The Manager of Application & Middleware Operations will serve as an IT leader, strategist, and innovator to the globally distributed team. Plays a critical role in maintaining our middleware and application stacks operations functions. This includes the enhancement, support, and maintenance of all critical components in our hosted SaaS platform. The position will reflect a combination of technology management, administration, and process management.
The successful candidate will be a skilled operation and process manager who knows how to execute and innovate in a modern, dynamic, and fast paced environment.
· This position manages the day-to-day operations for incident management, service requests, provisioning requests, as well as maintaining an accurate account of available resources for capacity management.
· Ensure appropriate engagement across teams and root cause analysis of prod issues
· Collaborate with platform, network, AppSupport, business and release automation teams to build effective and efficient operations framework
· Responsible for the management of globally distributed technical teams within AppEng.
· Provide leadership and direction to direct reports focusing on service excellence.
· Oversees system performance, availability, and 24 x 7 operational support
· Proactive management, maintenance and monitoring of services to ensure SLAs are reliable and available
· Direct the team to develop, drive and report on the key performance metrics of the operations organization
· Responsible for communicating risks, outages, and changes that may affect the uptime of clients’ environments to both internal peer groups and leadership teams.
· Constantly evaluate operating procedures looking for methods to improve efficiency, identify and mitigate defects in operating procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or related fields, and 10+ years of progressive IT experience with at least 5-7 years of management experience
- Working knowledge of IT Operations in a SaaS environment
- Ability to be hands on and solve problems efficiently, not just delegate
- Proven effectiveness in both Windows and Linux environments
- Expertise working with Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent analytical, strategic conceptual thinking, strategic planning and execution skills.
- Strong vendor management and partner relation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts and technologies to business leaders.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
- Ability to identify, prioritize and escalate issues as needed
- Ability to influence and lead change, - Proven ability to deliver despite obstacles
- Ability to work within a 24/7 environment across multiple time zones