Lead Linux Engineer
Requirements: containerization, docker, kernel tuning, kubernetes, Linux, Python, RedHat, trading systems
Location:New York, NY
Job Type:Full Time
Salary: $170k - $300k
Description of Responsibilities
We are a growing systematic trading environment with offices based in NYC. As we continue to build and enhance our trading platform, we are looking to hire a lead engineer who can take ownership of this complex infrastructure.
· Will be responsible for a growing Linux environment, including several exchange-colocation sites. This includes architecting changes to the environment as well as overseeing maintenance of the environment. (We look to automate maintenance wherever possible.)
· Managing other engineers with both direct and indirect influence.
· Working with senior stakeholders, including portfolio managers, quantitative analysts, and developers to determine how our infrastructure plant should change over time. Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently with all stakeholders is a must.
· Strong academic background with a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent).
· Minimum 5 years of hands on experience architecting solutions leveraging RHEL operating system at a top tier financial or technical firm.
· Expert-level knowledge of the Linux Operating System. Professional level Red Hat certifications such as RHCE, RHCA or Red Hat Certified Specialist in Ansible Automation are preferred.
· Performance analysis and kernel tuning. Experience tuning systems to perform latency-critical tasks is preferred.
· Must have demonstrated the ability to lead complex engineering projects.
· Understanding of the Release and Deployment Management processes, preferably including Ansible and RedHat satellite experience.
· Shell scripting and Python proficiency are required.
· Deployment engineering tasks to include site surveys, installation, configuration management, documentation, commissioning, and upgrade/patch management
· Working knowledge of the following technologies:
o Containerization and Kubernetes.
o EMC SAN/NAS platforms including XtremIO and Isilon.
o VMware virtualization, professional certifications such as VCP/VCAP/VCDX are highly preferred.
For more information about this opportunity, please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org