Linux Engineering Lead
Requirements: Ansible, CentOs, cfengine, ci/cd, docker, Linux, Low Latency, puppet, Python, RedHat, saltstack
Location:New York, NY
Job Type:Full Time
Salary: $160k - $200k
Description of Responsibilities
We are global hedge fund based in NYC looking for a senior Unix/Linux engineering lead for our production environment. A successful candidate will lead a team of senior engineers responsible for supporting the firm’s Linux server estate. You should be a self-driven, experienced Linux enthusiast motivated to continuously learn, improve, and collaborate with talented engineers and developers in a global team to provide the highest levels of service and innovation.
- Consistently automate, deploy, and support the requirements of the firm’s diverse business teams across a Linux fleet.
- Identify existing and emerging needs. Research and recommend innovative solutions to those needs.
- Mentor junior team members in best-practice Unix/Linux administration techniques
- Own technical projects and drive them to successful completion
- Join the on-call rotation and support the company’s Linux service 7x24x365. Some late night and weekend work will be required.
- 7+ years of strong system administrator experience in the Linux space, especially RHEL/CentOS
- Financial services experience is preferred but not required
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree (in Computer Science, Math or Engineering or related)
- 3+ years of programming work (Python or bash or similar) and software delivery, including version control with Git. Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and API design is highly desirable.
- 3+ years of experience with CI/CD and DevOps principles
- 3+ years of experience with configuration management (Chef, SaltStack, Ansible, Puppet, or CFEngine)
- Excellent interpersonal skills required
- Strong analytical thinking skills with a “customer first” service oriented mindset
- Good team player with a strong willingness to participate and help others
- Able to prioritize in a fast moving, high pressure, constantly changing environment; high sense of urgency