Linux Systems Administrator
Requirements: AWS, cloud, hardening, Linux, Production Support, Python, rhel, Unix
Location:New York, NY
Job Type:Full Time
Salary: $120k - $150k
Description of Responsibilities
As a growing fintech platform, we are excited about hiring a systems admin to join our team of engineers to support, manage and maintain operations of our production Linux platform. In this role, we need someone who has significant exposure to critical business systems and environments requiring 24x7 systems availability.
• Perform production support of systems hosting real time trading applications.
• Administer production and nonproduction infrastructure and services. Troubleshoot system issues and perform root cause analysis. Support QA and development team test environments.
• Automation of utilities and tasks using bash, Python, or Perl.
• Maintain Puppet Enterprise configuration management infrastructure and code base.
• Monitoring configuration and scripting for Nagios/Zenoss/Zabbix.
• Perform after-hours production infrastructure upgrades, OS patching, and configuration management updates. Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation.
• Rack and stack and kickstart/jumpstart of new server builds. Perform vulnerability scans of new systems.
• Contribute to the design and deployment of new infrastructure projects. Provide input for improvements of existing infrastructure.
• Utilize ticketing and knowledgebase systems in accordance with change management processes.
• Document and improve existing IT infrastructure support procedures and run books.
• Maintain backup and disaster recovery systems.
• Maintain company security best practices and improve company security posture.
• 3-5 years of experience with UNIX and/or Linux administration RHEL6/7.
• Working knowledge of AWS services including EC2, EKS, IAM, RDS and S3.
• Experience with troubleshooting production infrastructure servers and services.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• A thorough understanding of protocols such as SMTP, DNS (BIND), LDAP, DHCP, DNS, FTP, NFS, SMB, NTP, SNMP, SSH, etc.
• Knowledge of networking concepts (load balancers, Ethernet, TCP/IP, basic routing, packet capture and analysis).
• Bash, Python, or Perl scripting.
• Experience with some of the following technologies and processes: VMWare, Apache, Puppet/Chef/Salt/Ansible, Containers, LACP, MySQL, Git, PagerDuty, NetBackup, Jira, Confluence, SSL, SNMP, LDAP, fiber channel, Jboss, Tomcat, encryption, ServiceNow, rsyslog, messaging protocols (Tibco, FIX, ZeroMQ).
• HP/Dell enterprise hardware and monitoring.
• EMC SAN/NAS knowledge.
• Experience with OS hardening, tuning, and knowledge of security best practices.
• Experience with Puppet Enterprise configuration management, GIT, Github, Gitolite, Gitlab, etc.
• Experience with YUM package management.
• Experience with backup solutions such as NetBackup and Veeam.
• Previous financial experience.
B.S in Computer Science preferred or equivalent