Requirements: administrator, Linux, Unix
Location:New York, NY
Job Type:Full Time
Salary: $120k - $150k
Description of Responsibilities
· Research, select, plan, and implement new technologies to support scaling of applications to meet customer and business needs.
· Manage Linux/Unix Platform and related open source systems (apache spark, MongoDb, MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.).
· Plan and support the implementation of major architectural changes.
· Develop tools and scripts to assist with routine maintenance tasks.
· Support all related products and triage any issues that come up.
· Performance analysis, monitoring, troubleshooting, and resolution of issues.
· Maintain documentation of systems and processes.
· Participate in On-Call rotation
· 3+ years of Linux or Solaris experience required.
· BS Degree in Computer Science or related technical field is preferred.
· Working knowledge of core Internet protocols and services (e.g., IP, TCP, UDP, NTP, DNS, HTTP, SMTP, SSH, syslog) required.
· Knowledge of ITIL
· Strong experience with and understanding of virtualization (VMWare).
· Experience with Active Directory and related protocols desired (e.g. Kerberos, LDAP, NTP, Samba, etc.).
· Experience with Backup software, Cloud technology, Enterprise Monitoring systems is required
· Experience with security and vulnerability remediation and handling IT Auditing tasks
· Fluency in programming/scripting skills for automation in at least one of Bash, Python, and Perl
· Previous experience with SAN/NAS infrastructure desired.