Network and Systems Engineer
Requirements: Cisco, cisco routers, Exchange, Firewalls, switches, vmware, Windows
Location:New York, NY
Job Type:Full Time
Salary: $140k - $170k
Description of Responsibilities
The Senior System and Network Engineer role is to manage in-house computer software systems, servers, storage devices and network connections to ensure high availability and security of the supported business applications. This individual also participates in the planning and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure system provisioning and maintenance that is consistent with company goals, industry best practices and regulatory requirements.
· Manage virtual and physical servers with Windows Server 2016.
· Manage Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, and server and workstation patching with SCCM
· Manage the physical and virtual environment (VMware).
· SAN storage and backup management.
· Manage Cisco routers, switches and firewalls.
· Ensure the security of the server infrastructure by implementing industry best -practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance.
· Develop and maintain documentation about current environment setup, standard operating procedures, and best practices.
· Manage end user accounts, permissions, access rights, and storage allocations in accordance with best practices.
· Test and implement GPOs to support IT policy and initiatives.
· Anticipate, mitigate, identify, troubleshoot, and correct hardware and software issues on servers, and workstations.
· Practice server asset management, including maintenance of server component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
· Recommend, schedule, and perform software and hardware upgrades, patches and reconfigurations.
· Develop required reports in response to business user and management needs.
· Manage vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure software products and services.
· Participate in and support capacity planning and the development of long-term strategic goals for systems and software in conjunction with end-users and department managers.
· Provide second level escalation support and mentor help desk support staff.