Network and Systems Engineer
Requirements: Cisco, Network, ucm, ucs, vmware
Location:New York, NY
Job Type:Full Time
Salary: $130k - $150k
Description of Responsibilities
We are a globally based investment management firm looking to expand our engineering team within our US/NYC office.
This role will have a heavy focus on engineering and support of network and telecommunications (LAN/WAN, Wireless), Unified Communications (Cisco, Webex, etc), Network and Systems Security, cloud infrastructure, as well as, engineering and management of Data Center applications with tier 2 - 3 level support.
- Design and administer Cisco Network (routers and switches)
- Design and administer Cisco Unified Communication - CUCM
- Global telecom infrastructure design, implementation and upgrade planning – MPLS, SD-WAN
- Microsoft Azure cloud knowledge and administration of cloud Infrastructure. Equivalent knowledge in AWS would be acceptable.
- Provide cloud and third-party hosting guidance, design, implementation for IaaS, DRaaS, PaaS, SaaS
- Infrastructure and cloud Security guidance, design, implementation
- Identify and assist in improving Network Infrastructure tools/services with automation and process enhancements
- Prepare network diagrams and keep existing network diagrams up to date
- Providing feedback and insight on designing and scaling internal and cloud-based environments and tools
- Have experience and knowledge of Software Defined Data Center and Agile Infrastructure technologies.
- Work as part of a team to help support VMware, Horizon View, NetApp and other key infrastructure
- Troubleshoot and resolve infrastructure and end user problems.
- Develop strategies for existing and new product enhancements.
- Administrate and develop collaboration solutions, primarily with Video Conferencing and Edge computing platforms.
- Provide inter-office support for the company.
For more information about this role, feel free to send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org