Production Support Engineer
Requirements: bash, connectivity, Java, Linux, Production Support, Python, SQL
Location:New York, NY
Job Type:Full Time
Salary: $140k - $180k
Description of Responsibilities
We are a global investment management firm, based in NYC, seeking a talented engineer to join a fast-paced, dynamic team focused on building and supporting our global trading environment. In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Monitoring the health of the production trading system; diagnosing and fixing issues with intraday transactions and post-trade reconciliation;
- Configuring and deploying changes to the trading system including new features and fixes;
- Working with peers from across the organization to define and improve operational best practices;
- Creating and improving operational tools for monitoring, deployment, and telemetry collection.
- Designing and implementing the architecture and support of our proprietary trading environment, including server, operating system, network, colocation site, and connectivity to a multitude of vendors and exchanges across three continents;
- Conducting research to identify the latest cutting edge computing, networking, and connectivity trends and developments to keep us at the forefront of the industry.
You should possess the following qualifications:
- At minimum a bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering from a top university.
- Comprehensive programming experience is required. Preferred languages would be Java, Python, C++, Scala, or any language that compiles in the JVM
- A strong knowledge of network/connectivity and/or Linux server technologies, particularly as related to ultra-low latency design.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with Bash shell scripting and use.
- Understanding of order lifecycle and market data concepts including order book management;
- Familiar with relational database concepts and the ability to construct at least moderately complex SQL queries.