Senior Application Support Engineer
Requirements: Derivatives, Fixed Income, OMS, Production Support, Python, SQL
Location:New York, NY
Job Type:Full Time
Salary: $130k - $150k
Description of Responsibilities
We are a growing asset management firm with growing offices in NYC looking to expand our local IT team by hiring a senior IT Application Support Engineer.
The IT Application Support engineer provides investment application support across all areas of the Insight business, primarily supporting:
a) all trade flow and pricing of investment positions, including OTC Derivatives
b) all associated applications used by the Front Office and other areas of the business (Middle Office, Performance, Client Services, Risk etc) to manage our investment book
The role is user-facing and its purpose is to ensure that the day-to-day (BAU) IT needs of the business are met. The team deals with a wide variety of support issues and BAU planning activities, supporting a range of applications from 3rd party Front Office systems to bespoke order management and quantitative financial modelling platforms. The role also encompasses change management and development tasks across a number of the systems we support. Out-of-hours rotation participation and occasional scheduled weekend work is required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
- Proven track record supporting OMS/bespoke investment applications.
- Proven track record of providing support in a fast-paced, user facing role.
- Strong experience supporting fixed income products, including OTC Derivatives (rates, credit, TRS, inflation-linked, etc).
- Good SQL skills. Ability to debug SQL scripts is required, and any experience with developing Stored Procedures and other SQL objects is strongly preferred.
- Experience with CADIS and ControlM is advantageous (training will be given).
- Development languages (VBA, Python) are advantageous but again, not essential.
For more information, feel free to contact email@example.com with your resume and any questions