Senior Network Engineer
Requirements: Cisco, Citrix, Firewalls, meraki, network engineer, palo alto, VPN
Location:New York, NY
Job Type:Full Time
Salary: $150k - $160k
Description of Responsibilities
We are a national energy organization seeking a Technology Engineer who will implement and maintain the networking, local and cloud infrastructures of the firm’s offices and their power plants. That network environment involves managing ISPs, layer 2 & 3 switching/routing and firewalls (Palo Alto) with VPN connections to various vendors, sites and services, which require monitoring and support. These network environments are mission critical to the firm and must be designed and monitored to be secure, highly available, and resilient to any single point of failure. The position will also manage our Infrastructure/software as a service and related technology vendors. The position requires working knowledge of the Microsoft stack and Azure cloud services.
• Architect and design a highly available secure network environment to support the mission critical networking requirements for the firm’s power plants. Enhance and improve the existing network infrastructure based on on-premise infrastructure technologies and cloud services.
• Design and implement a comprehensive network and systems management architecture for real-time and proactive monitoring of all infrastructure and services.
• Define, implement, and oversee the daily operational processes to build a support model to maintain 24x7x365 coverage, while following NERC/CIP government Standards. Implement change control and documentation processes and policies.
• Define, plan, and coordinate infrastructure projects for new power plants and existing technology revamps.
• Manage relationships with vendors. Track expenses and perform cost reduction analysis for the infrastructure.
• Manage activities necessary to keep the technology infrastructure running seamlessly, efficiently and effectively while ensuring compliance with established standards and policies.
• Collaborate with executive management and vendors to advise on the architecture of infrastructures, daily operational processes, security policies, and best practices for implementing and managing the deployed network technologies following best practices and NERC/CIP requirements.
• Perform day to day support and maintenance of the infrastructure.
• Travel to various sites across the US as needed for design and maintenance
• 10+ years designing, building, and running enterprise network environments with primary ownership for these responsibilities in a full-time employee capacity. Extensive hands-on with infrastructure technologies with project management and organization skills experience
• Deep familiarity with Cisco, Meraki, Palo Altos, Citrix and Microsoft product line.
• Proven experience implementing network management systems and incorporating monitoring tools into the daily operational processes for managing infrastructures. The firm is currently utilizing Logicmonitor.
• Knowledge of communications services and their appropriate implementation for network solutions. Also, a strong understanding of MPLS, BGP, dynamic routing and various other protocols.
• Deep knowledge of all aspects of information security, including firewalls, VPN, intrusion detection/prevention systems, etc.
• Working Knowledge of Windows Servers and desktops. Understanding of Microsoft Azure and Server roles.
• Strong knowledge of premise wiring and data center design/management.
• Experience managing projects and leading vendors in these areas. Must have a proven ability to gather requirements, plan, and execute on technology initiatives.
• Exposure to NERC guidelines a plus.
• A BA/BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent field of academic study.