Requirements: developer, servicenow
Job Type:Full Time
Salary: $150k - $180k
Description of Responsibilities
Prominent financial institution is looking for a well-experienced ServiceNow developer to join its growing organization in the Metropark area of New Jersey with occasional travel to Manhattan. This is a challenging position requiring a strong development and design background in ServiceNow. A good understanding of IT Service Management and related disciplines is also required. The candidate must be technically proficient, able to multi-task well, explain solutions clearly, is well organized, and has the ability to work independently with minimal oversight.
As part of the Corporate IT, the ServiceNow team is responsible for delivering upgrades, bug fixes, enhancements and operational support to the ServiceNow platform. Working closely with our customers, the team delivers enhancements in an agile manner, working in sprints and regular release cycles. The team sets the direction for continuous improvement in service delivery by working with stakeholders to deliver improved automation, service management processes and end user experience. The team is also focused on ensuring program and project delivery commitments are met with high quality, minimal defects and that the ServiceNow platform remains operationally stable.
Job Knowledge and Functional Responsibilities:
- Build productive working relationships with both IT and business partners, establishing working groups and conducting workshops with key IT stakeholders and vendors as required
- Provide design leadership: responsible for the architecture, design, development and implementation of enhancements on the ServiceNow platform
- Work closely with business analysts and process owners to finalize designs for ServiceNow modules including: request, incident, problem, configuration, change, release, governance risk & compliance, auto-discovery, human resources, asset and project.
- Deliver practical designs, leveraging out-of-box features as much as possible
- Develop complete and functional workflows, screens and scripted business rules, reports and other ServiceNow automated solutions against requirements provided
- Accountable for regular code reviews for his/her team, ensuring proper coding, conformance to standards and best practices established, including performance, security, reliability, scalability, extensibility and quality standards
- Lead development efforts on the platform. Lead daily SCRUM calls for prioritization and assignment
- Own and chair regular SCRUM ceremonies: backlog grooming, release planning, sprint planning and delivery prioritization.
- Identify trends, prioritize root cause analyses queues, finalize preventive actions and collaborate with the other delivery teams to prioritize development effort for periodic releases.
- Recognize improvement opportunities and deliver them with automation.
- Conduct governance reviews with the stakeholders to develop, enhance and enforce continuous service improvement plans. Measure and report their effectiveness on an ongoing basis.
- Influence and positively impact productivity, efficiency, and customer satisfaction levels and enhance organization’s reputation amongst stakeholders.
- Availability during off hours and weekends to own, manage and help resolve high severity incidents, releases and any other unplanned activities.
- Must have the ability to:
- Be a team player and collaborate with cross-functional teams across the organization
- learn quickly and draw meaningful conclusions from independent research
- manage multiple simultaneous priorities and deliverables
- understand and analyze business and IT requirements and provide appropriate solutions
- BS degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- Graduate degree in Computer Science or related field, or MBA a plus.
· At least 5 years of proven track record as a ServiceNow Developer (must understand business rules, client scripts, and workflows) with a deeper understanding of ServiceNow development best practices and trends
- Experienced in customer service / IT Operations roles to own incidents and guide the support teams on the technical front
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Must be familiar with ITIL and ITSM support processes and terminology.
- Hands on experience with Service Now customization, code promotion, migrations:
- UI Policies
- UI Actions
- Client Scripts
- Transform Maps
- Prior hands-on experience with the following business and technology domains would be a strong plus:
- Business analysis / Project Management
- Workload Automation
- DevOps experience, particularly with automated testing and deployment
Compensation: $150k base salary + 20% bonus.