Requirements: Citrix, Exchange, powershell, vmware, Windows
Location:New York, NY
Job Type:Full Time
Salary: $120k - $140k
Description of Responsibilities
Prestigious NYC based hedge fund is looking for a systems engineer to join the local NYC team. The Systems Engineer will assist with the architecture, design, implementation, and daily operational management of the Microsoft Windows infrastructure and related application servers. The Windows server and desktop environment is considered to be mission critical to the firm and must be maintained accordingly. A successful candidate will have proven field experience working with Microsoft Windows systems within the corporate enterprise environment. In addition, experience with Microsoft Exchange and associated messaging technologies is essential.
- Design, maintenance and administration of corporate messaging solutions utilizing Microsoft Exchange, Symantec Enterprise Vault, and other associated messaging applications. Experience managing MS Exchange in a DAG environment is preferred.
- Design, maintenance, and administration of virtualization technologies such as VMWare with an interest in performance tuning and capacity planning. Familiarity with disaster recovery technologies for virtualization is a plus.
- Experience working with Citrix as an internal and external delivery method for end user applications. Experience working with Netscaler is a plus.
- Experience managing enterprise storage arrays is a plus but not required.
- Deployment of Windows operating systems to Physical and Virtual Servers.
- Assist with ongoing maintenance of Windows Servers including Security Patching and Firmware Updates.
- 5+ years experience in working with Microsoft Windows servers, workstations, and notebook solutions.
- Hands-on experience in Windows 2012/2016 is critical.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot Microsoft networking and server issues using appropriate monitoring and diagnostic tools.
- Experience with trading floor environments is desired.
- Some project management skills preferred. Excellent written and oral communication skills along with collaborative team skills are required.
- A BA/BS degree Computer Science, or equivalent field is required.
For more information, please feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org