Systems Reliability Engineer
Requirements: AWS, Devops, Linux, Python, SRE
Location:New York, NY
Job Type:Full Time
Salary: $170k - $250k
Description of Responsibilities
We are a global hedge fund with headquarters in NYC looking for a senior level DevOps Engineer/SRE. In this role, you will be accountable for the thorough technical analysis, design and implementation of infrastructure solutions to meet the technical and business requirements.
· Design and implement a scalable, high-performance, cutting-edge infrastructure
· Relentless automation: Build and maintain compute, advanced storage and network fabrics
· Develop and implement software tools and methods to automate and manage large distributed systems
· Collaborate with other technology groups to provide technical, operational and innovative expertise.
· Serve as Engineering / L3 support for production issues. Feed such problems back into platform design
· A passion for technology and automation, deep sense of curiosity and willingness to always question
· Minimum of 5 years of focused experience in a devops/production engineering/systems engineering role
· Solid programming and scripting skills. Comfort and experience with BASH, Python, and experience with Ansible/CFEngine/Saltstack..
· Thorough knowledge of the OSI stack and deep knowledge of *nix systems
· Experience with and knowledge of one or more distributed file/storage systems (GFS, CEPH, GPFS, Lustre, NFS, Bittorrent, *FS)
· Experience with and knowledge on the operation of relational and non-relational databases
· A passion for in-depth understanding of technology, and building large-scale systems.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
For more information, feel free to message firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.