Location:New York, NY
Job Type:Full Time
Salary: $200k - $250k
Description of Responsibilities
Software Engineer - Fixed Income
Leading global investment management firm, based here in midtown NYC, is seeking a Mid- to Senior-level Software Engineer to join its Front Office credit trading desk. The team is an ensemble of engineers, quants, and data scientists dedicated to building and deploying the firm's next generation research and trading capabilities.
The team works jointly and communicates closely with portfolio managers, trading and operations.
The culture is fun-loving, entrepreneurial, and highly values intellectual curiosity.
• Build the next generation of analytics and trading tools within fixed income
• Be a key contributor in the design and implementation of the new corporate simulation infrastructure
• Fit into the actively thriving culture of our firm, motivated by the ability to deliver quality solutions in a timely manner to the firm's business
• Engage with various technology and data teams within the firm in support of the above
• BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent field with at least 5-10 years of software development experience
• Strong Microsoft C#/.NET Skills required including multithreading and memory management
• Experience in designing and developing highly scalable, distributed system using open source tools
• Manage risk and build prototypes or POCs where needed to validate technical approach
• Hands-on programming in C#/.NET, SQL, experience building an EMS/OMS is a big plus
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Continuous test driven development practices
• Experience designing and building cloud native services