Requirements: Automation, esx, hyper converged, nutanix, ucs, vmware, vsphere
Location:New York, NY
Job Type:Full Time
Salary: $180k - $250k
Description of Responsibilities
This is a unique opportunity for an expert with deep knowledge in virtualization technologies.
- 6-8 years of hands on experience with VMWare technologies
- 2 - 3 years of hands on experience with Nutanix HCI technologies
- Extensive Virtualization Experience - design, implement, and manage virtual environments, including Datacenter cluster(s) managed by vCenter.
- Experience with VMware vCenter design and implementation best practices
- The VMware System Administrator / Engineer must be an expert with virtualization in a VMware environment, including demonstrated experience with configuring/troubleshooting.
- Demonstrated experience in virtualization and consolidation of server technologies, specifically VMware vSphere and ESXi Virtual Infrastructure
- Experience with building and maintaining high-availability (>99%) VMware environments
- Thorough understanding of high availability, SRM, fault tolerance, and other BCP/DR technologies.
- Ability to perform root cause analysis on all VMware products. E.g. ESX hosts, Virtual Centers, and Virtual Machines
- Ability to administer, maintain, and troubleshoot Storage Area Networks (SAN) and Network Attached Storage (NAS) attached to VMware environments
- Understanding of virtual environments with respect to proactive performance analysis and identification of potential bottlenecks
- Provide support in performance monitoring, backups, reporting, Root Cause Analysis, and resolution for VMware environments
- Demonstrate good judgment in solving problems as well as identifying problems in advance, and proposing solutions
- Ability to lead, and own projects
- Ability to collaborate with a team working across multiple locations
- Thorough knowledge of Active Directory
- Good knowledge of MS clustering and SQL server is a plus.
- Good grasp of Windows and Linux operating systems
- Thorough knowledge of setting up BCP different technologies such as Zerto, SRM and etc
- Design enterprise level virtual technologies for the firm
- Manage the day-to-day administration of VMware and vBlock environments
- Performance and capacity management projections
- Create documentation for best practices in deploying Hyper converged solutions
- Provide virtual platform system technical performance and availability recommendations
- Plan and engineer expansion of converged infrastructure
- Deploy and test HA/BCP virtual environments for the firm
- Provide guidance for virtualization best practices
- Participate in the design and support of all backend infrastructure components for the virtual environment for the firm.
- VMWare ESX/vSphere
- Hyper Converge
- Storage Related Skills/Knowledge – Cisco UCS and MDS switching
- Cisco UCS Blade server knowledge
- Thorough knowledge of SAN – excellent knowledge of fiber channel switches
- Knowledge and working experience with Windows (Preferred 2012 and later versions) and Active Directory.
- Network knowledge, skills and demonstrated experience in a complex network data center Environment.
- PowerShell script or equivalent demonstrated experience
- Knowledge of Automation tools such as Chef, Jenkin, Pipelines and etc is a plus
- Experience with other hypervisors such as Nutanix AHV is a plus
For more information, please send your resume to email@example.com