Windows Server Team Lead - SCCM
Requirements: Active Directory, patching, powershell, SCCM, vmware, Windows Server
Location:New York, NY
Job Type:Full Time
Salary: $100k - $120k
Description of Responsibilities
Robust and growing investment firm seeks a hands-on team Lead of 2 engineers. The position responsibilities include: hands on patching of all the MS servers; ensure all systems comply with security standards; triage servers with security exceptions with application support teams; advance troubleshooting skills for MS server OS, active directory, networking, exchange and other applications that run on Windows OS. Organizational and leadership skills are required along with the ability to prioritize changing workloads.
• Manage Windows support queue.
• Responsible for creating weekly status reports on patching and support queue.
• A deep technical understanding of Microsoft Server OS, Active directory, Exchange, and other Windows applications.
• Understanding of how to manage server permissions via AD, GPO and RES groups.
• Responsible for patching and updating servers to the latest patches or OS versions.
• Respond to issues involving systems managed by the OS Team.
• Receive and respond to incoming calls, pages, and/or e-mails regarding all desktop issues.
• Understanding how to manage and configure both physical and virtual servers.
• Responsible for troubleshooting application failures on Windows OS.
• Manage the lifecycle of server systems from birth to sunset.
• Be able to work in a collaborative team environment.
• Be able to review current processes and improve upon them.
• Be able to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical teams.
• Be able to create training documents.
• Hands on troubleshooting skills.
Windows server 2003 through 2016, Windows performance tools, Task manager, Lakeside, Tools to monitor system performance, MS office suite, Outlook, Visio, Trading applications, Acrobat, PowerShell scripting, expert on SCCM, APPV, Avanti, VMware venter, and VMware Horizon.